Lilypie First Birthday tickers

6.30.2008

One Meatball!

Casey and I went to Merced for a visit this past weekend- we had so much fun- more pictures and comments on our trip to follow....but for now, One Meatball.

Mom, Grandma, Koss and I went to watch Lily's (my niece) tap and dance recital for Denisa's School of Dance. My sister and I had a blast reliving our very own Denisa days (she looks exactly the same as she did 15 years ago) when we used to twirl, tap, and tendu across the same stage every June (I did ballet, tap and baton- my sister stuck with baton only.) Twirlers Unlimited! We laughed about our big bangs, Hot Sticks, and how we could never see our batons in the bright lights- we just kind of stuck our hands out and hoped we'd catch them. Now we were in the audience, holding babies (Koss with Miley, me with Addie). It seemed as though nothing had changed, except the costumes were cuter (ours were heavily 80's/90's influenced) and no one was wearing shimmer tights (what's with that? I thought that was a staple?)!!

Out comes Miss Lily- first in her ballet routine with a tambourine. Super cute.

A few more groups, then Lily again for tap. Out she comes in her yellow tutu with a chef hat on her head and a wire whisk in her hand. She starts tap-tap-tapping to a silly song about a meatball. (I've found the song- Van Ronk Dave's "One Meatball.") Precious. Then they get to a part of the song where they take their whisks and fling them back and forth, back and forth. The little girl next to Lily is getting way into it. She starts whisking in front of Lily's face, at which time, my sweet little niece takes a step back and gives her the six-year-old "oh no you didn't" look that my sister and I know so well.

Oh yeah, she's definitely our niece.

Unfortunately the theater wouldn't allow us to take any pictures, so when we get the professional ones, I'll be sure to post a copy of our favorite little meatball.

Way to go, Lily!

2 comments:

bethany said...

Hi Amy...
I'm Bethany. I saw your comment on Beth Moore's blog.
I think that you might be the Amy that I met at Yosemite Church for the LPM Simulcast. Not sure though.
If not...then it's great to meet you anyway!
Sounds like your niece's recital was so fun!

Anonymous said...

Just checking out some of my fellow siesta's blogs. Super cute blog! Love The Office as well!!
Janel